A couple days ago, one of our readers asked us if it’s possible to go ahead and set a custom logo for a Microsoft Teams team instead of the default Purple logo. They set up thew team to share material with one of their key customers, and wanted to use a custom logo of their customer name.
In this quick tutorial we’ll explain how you can improve your team branding by changing the default icon picture to a custom one.
Changing your Microsoft Teams icon & logo
Here’s the process to add a custom Teams icon:
- First off, ensure that you have a great icon pic for your team. Your pic file type has to be one of the well known graphic formats, either png, bmp or jpg.
- Now, go ahead and save your image in a handy place in your personal computer.
- Now go ahead and open Microsoft Teams.
- From your left hand side App Bar, hit the Teams icon.
- Now go ahead and navigate to the relevant team. Tip: If you have plenty of teams, you might want to hit the Filter icon and find your team or channel by name.
- Next to your Team, hit the More Options 3-dot icon (…) button, as shown below.
- Select the Manage Team option.
- Go to Settings tab.
- Now navigate to the Team Picture tab.
- Hit on Change Picture.
- Hit on Upload picture
- Now, go ahead and navigate to the folder in which you kept your pic.
- Select your picture and hit Open.
- Here’s the preview of your new team icon:
- If satisfied, hit Save.
- Once done with modifying the pic, go ahead and hit Close
Note: Got couple emails from people who told me their Team icon wasn’t updating or was still missing, when changed. A restart of Microsoft Teams did the trick.
In case of any questions, please leave us a comment, we’ll be glad to help.