Here’s a question from one of our readers:
I have installed Microsoft Teams in my Android phone as I need to access the app when i am away from my Windows laptop. The main reason for this is to get notified on the phone if something comes up from my team. Is there a way we can change the sound notification i receive for new messages and incoming calls in Microsoft Teams? If yes, please let me know how I can do that. Thanks.
Thanks for your question. In this post we will discuss how you can customize sound for notifications and call ringtones for Teams in both the Android mobile phones and Windows desktops.
Change sound notifications in Android
- Note: The screenshots are provided from a OnePlus phone; your phone settings might look a bit different.
- Open Settings and scroll to Sound & Vibration on your Android.
- Click on Notification sound and vibration, under Ringtone & Vibration.
- We can select the tone from the default sounds on our phone.
- If you need to set some other tune on your choice, click on Ringtone from internal storage and select the tune.
- Now when you get notified from Teams, you will receive with the sound that you have set.
Change Ringtone of call in desktop
We can be able to change the ringtone for the calls we receive in desktop, but only with the default sounds, that are provided by Microsoft.
- Click on your profile picture from the top and select settings.
- Select Calls.
- Under Ringtones, we have calls for you with a tune name.
- Select the dropdown and we can choose from the tunes provided.