Here is a question that we got from a reader:
I have been trying to change one of my teams’ avatar on Microsoft Teams. But for some reason, it seems that the option to upload and save picture is disabled. It is showing this issue for 2 weeks now. Do i need special permissions to modify Teams icons. If yes, can you provide me a solution for that?
Thanks for your question. In this post we will discuss about the issue and how we can set channel and teams icons.
Replace default Teams avatar
- Instead of using your desktop Teams, login to your Teams Website.
- Login with your Teams username and password.
- From the left hand side Teams navigation panel, find your Team.
- Click on the Ellipsis icon next to your team, where you want to replace the default avatar.
- Now, go ahead and Click on Manage team.
- Hover over and click the pen icon to change the Avatar of your teams.
- It will be same as what you see in your Desktop Teams.
- Now, hover over the Upload picture, Right click and select Inspect.
- Under Elements, in button tag double-click on disabled=”disabled”, delete it and hit Enter.
- Next, in the top left on developer tools, there will be an icon used to select element to inspect. Click on the Icon.
- After clicking on the icon, hover over and click on Save button in change picture.
- In button tag for Save, double-click on disabled=”disabled”, delete it and hit Enter.
- Now, you’ll see that both the Upload and Save buttons are enabled.
- Now you can upload your selected image.
- Last and definitely not least, hit Save.
Feel free to leave us comments in case of questions and remarks.