Here’s a question from Steve:
I use Microsoft Teams to manage and collaborate with different project members in different channels. I share some files where I would require data from every team member from different channels. So whenever I post the document I get different set of documents and I need to consolidate them later in one sheet. Is there any possibility that I can provide same sheet to different channels? If yes, can you show me how?
Thanks for your question. Yes we have a solution for this, we will discuss how we can provide copy link of a document to different channels and also how we can post link for a file in network folder in a channel.
Get a link to file on Teams
- Click on the channel where the link to the file needs to be attached.
- Click on New Conversation.
- Select Attach icon and click on Browse Teams and Channels.
- Go to the file which needs to be linked and hit Share a link.
- Once it is attached, hit Enter.
- Follow the same procedure to send it to the other channels. Now we will have one file where different teams can collaborate on it.
Post a link to network folder file in a channel
Here we will be discussing on how we can provide a link from OneDrive folder file in a channel.
- Login to OneDrive for business account.
- Move to the folder file for which the links giving access can be taken.
- To provide permission to file, hover over the file and click on the three dots icon.
- Select Manage access.
- Click on Share in Links giving access.
- In the Send link, we can set the link settings on who can access the link.
- Once that is set, click on Copy link.
- Now you can copy the link and provide them to the channel.