Here’s a question from one of our readers
I recently got into a new project where we collaborate with our team members through Microsoft Teams. As we converse a lot in the channel, we seem to lose some of the important conversation content and need to scroll back to retrieve some information that is “buried” in the Posts tab. This is very much time consuming. I guess that my questionis if i can send my colleague a link to a specific channel conversations so they can easily find out without scrolling back and forth.
Share link to a Microsoft Teams message
To share a link to a specific chat message in Teams, use the Copy Link function that is available once you hover the message in Teams 1:1 chats and channel conversations. Once you have copied the link, you can share it with other colleagues via Teams chat, but also email or instant messaging.
Get a link to a Teams conversation
- Open the Teams, go to the channel and make sure you are in the Posts tab.
- Hover over the conversation for which you need to get your HTML link.
- Click on the Ellipsis icon at the last and select Copy link.
Send a direct link to your chat conversation
Now that you have obtained a link to your Teams conversation, sharing it with others is a breeze 🙂
- Sharing in 1:1 chat: You can copy and paste the hyperlink into the Teams chat app to send your link to the person who was looking for the conversation. They’ll just need to hit your link to be taken right to the conversation you would like to share.
- Sharing messages in Channel chat: You can obviously do the same, but using the channel tab, so you can alert all channel members about the new link you are posting.
- Sharing by email: You can easily copy your Teams chat link and communicate with others by email.
Once your colleagues receive the link, they are able to click it to navigate to the specific message in Teams chat.