Here is a question from Monica:
I often travel on business across different time zones and whenever that happens, obviously the time settings of both Teams and Outlook.com are incorrect, seems that is actually one hour off. Is there a way for me to easily adjust the time zone in Microsoft 365 so that my calendar meetings times is still correct?
Thanks for the question. See below our answer, in case of follow up questions, kindly let us know.
Change the Microsoft Teams time settings in Office 365
If you are using the Teams web version, then kindly proceed as following:
- Open your favorite web browser, and login to Microsoft Office 365.
- Enter your Microsoft 365 login and password. Good chances are that this is similar to your domain credentials.
- In your header, hit the Settings cog button.
- The Settings dialog will open up.
- Hit the Change your Language link.
- Next, in the Settings and Privacy dialog, expand the Time Zone section.
- Next, hit the Change Time zone command button.
- Next use the Search box to type in your Time Zone as shown below:
- Last, go ahead and hit Select. The time Zone settings for the entire set of Microsoft 365 applications – including Microsoft Teams and Outlook has been modified.
Teams time zone different from the computer
After adjusting the time settings at office.com for the Teams web version, it’s very probable that time settings in the Teams app will not be in sync with your desktop. If so, kindly proceed as described in the next section.
Time settings for Teams Desktop version
If you have downloaded and installed the Microsoft Teams Desktop client, you will need to define the Time settings in your local Windows computer.
- On your Windows desktop taskbar , hit the Search button (the magnifying glass icon).
- In the Search bar , type: Change the time Zone.
- The Date & Time dialog will come up.
- Using the Time Zone drop down , go ahead and adjust the time zone as shown below.