Here’s a question from a reader:
I need to update my profile picture in Teams. Here’s the process i am using: I fist select a picture from OneDrive , then click on upload but i don’t see any change to my avatar. I then tried to upload other pictures (in jpg, png and bmp formats) but still having the same issue. Any guidance on how to update my Teams profile picture.
Clear the cache on Teams to change your profile image
Based on our past experience, it’s very likely that deleting your Teams cache will be your first step for changing your Teams avatar image. Proceed as following:
- Turn off Microsoft Teams totally and make sure all the process of Teams are stopped in your Windows Task Manager.
- Then open the File Explorer (tip: use the Windows key + E as a shortcut).
- Type %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Select all and Remove everything inside the folder.
- Once it is removed, reopen your Microsoft Teams.
Change profile picture in Teams
The next step is to try to upload your new Microsoft team icon image.
- Click on your profile picture icon on top of your Microsoft Teams.
- Click on Edit profile.
- Click Upload picture and select the image that needs to be updated as your profile picture from your computer hard drive, network drive, OneDrive , Dropbox, Google Drive or other file sharing service.
- Once the picture is uploaded, hit Save.
Feel free to leave us a comment in case of follow up questions.