We had a question regarding Hotmail from one of our subscribers,
I changed my Hotmail password in my computer. But now I can’t access my account in my Android phone. How do I access my account now? How do I change my Hotmail password in my phone?
This is a common problem Android users and users of iPod, iPhone and iPad come across. It is necessary to change the password in your smartphones, if you have modified it in the web, for synchronization of mails in both web and smartphones. Follow the steps in this post to change your password in Android phones and Apple devices.
Android Phones :
- Open your email app and press the Menu button and select More.
- Choose Account Settings.
- Then, choose Incoming Settings from the list of options.
- Enter your new password in the Password field and click on Next.
iPods, iPhones and iPads :
- Open Settings from the list of icons in the Home.
- Search for Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap on it.
- The accounts that are accessed via the devices are listed. Choose Hotmail from the list.
- Touch Account in the page that opens.
- Modify the password in the Password field and press Done.
Other useful related answers:
- How to change your Hotmail password ?
- Can’t login to Hotmail
- How to move your contacts from iPad/iPhone to Outlook and Gmail?