Here’s a question from Linda:
Just starting out a new project with a customer that has been using Webex as their collaboration tool. I am quite proficient with Microsoft Teams, but still wondering the basics of Webex. Could you help me figure out the easy way to keep my online availability always active in Webex?
Webex online presence status
Unlike Microsoft Teams, the Webex online status, is not in sync with your Microsoft Outlook Calendar. You can also easily set and customize your status message. This is specifically handy if your job requires constant online availability.
In Webex you are allowed to easily define your availability – that is if you are available or not for a chat, call or meeting.
You are also able to specify you custom Online Status. Your presence status is effective for 7 days and can be extended.
Keep your status green / active in Webex:
- Open your Webex App
- In the top left corner, hit your Webex avatar / logo
- Ensure that your availability status is set to Active.
Define a custom online status
Now, proceed as following to write a new status message in Webex:
- Open the Webex App
- Hit your Webex avatar at the top left corner.
- Hit Status.
- Pick from the available list of statuses, or define your custom one. If you are a customer support agent, you can use the following text:
- Hit Save
- That’s it 🙂
Restrict visibility of your availability and online status
Cisco Webex allows you to restrict the visibility of your online status, so that people will not see whether you are green / active / available in Webex or not. Note that if you do not share your online status, you won’t also be able to see whether your contacts are currently active or idle.
To disable your online presence visibility, proceed as following:
- Open Webex.
- Select the Settings menu.
- Then under Webex Options, select the General tab.
- Next, unser Avaialbility and Status, uncheck the show visibility box.
- Last, hit Save and Close the Webex Options dialog.