Here’s a question from James:
I am unable to find information on spell check from Microsoft Teams chat. It is frustrating as I do not know if I have made mistakes in my Teams chat during a crucial conversation with my clients. I tried to see if any online resource can help me with this issue, but I could not find any. Can you kindly let me know any possible solution to resolve this issue?
Thanks for your question. We will learn how to enable spell check and what we need to do if the issue persists after enabling spell check.
Enable Spell Check in Teams
- Open Microsoft Teams on your computer or cell phone
- Click on the Profile icon at the top right and select Settings.
- Under General scroll to find the checkbox, Enable spell check and make sure the checkbox is enabled.
- Type on Teams chatbox to see if teams now provide spell check suggestions.
Troubleshooting Auto Spell Check
If the issue persists even after enabling the spell check, follow the below steps to troubleshoot.
- Open your file explorer and go to the mentioned path.
- Path: C:\Users\<Profile name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\Dictionaries.
- Remove the files from the path.
- Restart Microsoft Teams.
- Teams would download the latest dictionary file under the same path after the restart. This would most probably resolve any issues related to the Teams speller.