Here’s a question from Darren:
I recently have installed Webex on my Windows 10 computer. I have all my clients using various collaboration tools, and for a specific client i use Webex to join the meetings. I noticed that the application always launches automatically every time I restart my Windows laptop operating system. I only require Webex when there is a scheduled meeting from clients on the application. So my question is, would it be possible to disable the Webex application to launch automatically at the start-up?
Thanks for the question, Darren. We have various ways to disable Cisco Webex Meetings to launch automatically at the start. Here we go:
Disable Webex in Windows 10:
If you are somewhat experienced with Windows 10 operating systems, you can disable Webex (or any app) from auto-starting, by using the following procedure.
- Press Windows key (or) Click on Start and search for Settings.
- Click on the Apps option from the Settings window.
- Among the options from the right-side panel, click on Startup.
- Scroll to search for Webex and turn the switch off.
Turn off auto-start from Webex
- Open your Cisco Webex Meetings application.
- Click on your Profile icon at the top right and select Settings.
- Under the General options, we can see the checkbox Start Webex when my computer starts.
- Disable the checkbox and Save to stop it from auto launching.
That’s it for today, feel free to send us additional questions.