A few days ago, i was participating in a Microsoft Teams meeting with several colleagues and customers. I then noticed that the presenter was describing a slide which i wasn’t able to see. I then opened a private chat with a colleague and quickly understood that the presentation was fully visible to other participants but not to me.
In this short post i would like to describe the simple troubleshooting process i went through to be able to access the presentation. I use a Windows 10 operating system, so this should be relevant for previous Windows versions. Took 2 minutes and i was up and running.
Can’t join and view Microsoft Team presentation?
Check your network
I initially thought the issue was related to my Virtual Private Network connection (VPN). I disconnected, and the issue wasn’t solved. I then look into the WIFI signal in home office – all good. Problem still there.
Re-start Microsoft Teams
Next fix i tried, was to completely quit and restart Teams.
- From the Windows taskbar (bottom of your screen), find the Microsoft Teams icon.
- Make a right Click and hit Quit.
- Then from taskbar hit the Search icon (Magnifying Glass).
- Then i typed Microsoft Teams and hit Enter to launch the application.
- Next step was to try again to view the presentation, again – no luck.
Clear Teams cache
My third step was to reset the application cache. Here’s how that is done:
- First off, quit Microsoft Teams. Note that Teams won’t allow you to clear the cache if the app is still running in the background.
- From the Task bar, hit the Search button.
- Type %appdata%.
- The Windows Explorer dialog will open. Now navigate to the Microsoft folder.
- You’ll see a folder named Teams. Make a copy of that folder, and store it in a safe place in your PC.
- Now enter the Teams folder and delete the Cache folder.
- Restart Teams, the problem should be gone.