Here’s a question from Louis:
A key user asked me to help create a report to dynamically filter a Power BI table between two specific dates. Should be a no-brainer but for some reason i am having a difficult time here. Any ideas?
Step 1: Prepare your Power BI data
- Open the Power BI Report Data View.
- Pick your table from the Data pane and carefully look into its contents.
- In our case, we will analyze a calculate table named Interviews by Date we create for this tutorial.
Note: As Time Intelligence is enabled, Power BI automatically created a time hierarchy for my calculated table:
Step 2: Add a table to your report
- From the left hand side menu, hit the Report View button.
- Add a New page to your report.
- Now, from the Visualizations section, drag a Table visual into your canvas.
- Next, from the right hand side Data Pane, drag the relevant fields into the table.
- In our case i add the month and day fields as well as the number of Interviews.
- Click your table columns header to sort the values as needed (chronologically in our case).
Step 3: Add a slicer to your report
- Next, from the Visualization panel, add a slicer visual to the canvas and place it at the side of your table.
- Drag the Date filed onto the slicer.
- Under Slicer Settings || Options, make sure to select Between as the Slicer Type.
Step 4: Dynamically filter your data
- Now, make sure to use the Slicer Date slider to filter out the data according to dates.
In case of questions, feel free to ask using the comments.