It is always a good idea to test your technology before you host a virtual meeting or event. Testing your audio and video feeds on Zoom is easy. Zoom also provides access to test meetings. Even if you are not the host, you may want to test Zoom ahead of your scheduled Zoom meeting. There are several ways to test Zoom.
Joining a Zoom Test Meeting
- From your internet browser, go to the URL zoom.us/test.
- Click the blue Join Meeting button in the middle of the page.
- After you join the test meeting, your camera feed should show up on the screen.
- You can join with or without video. If you join without video, your name will show up in the picture gallery instead of live video.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
– you will be asked if you hear a ring tone to test your speakers.
– you will be asked to speak, and the system will play your audio back to you to test your microphone.
When testing is complete, a dialog box will appear with the message “Speaker and microphone looks good” After you are satisfied Zoom is working, click on the red Leave button.
Joining a Test call from the Zoom App
You can also make a test call to validate your microphone and video functioning right from your Zoom Meetings app
- From your Windows or MAC computer, log in to your Zoom Meetings
- Enter testmeeting for the meeting ID number.
- Choose Join.
- A message will appear asking you to “Please wait for the host to start this meeting.”
- Once joined, from the Join Audio button at the left hand side, Click on the Test Computer Audio button.
- Test and adjust your speakers and your microphone from the dialogue box that appears.
Joining a test meeting is an excellent way to familiarize yourself with the look and features of Zoom, and it’s obviously recommended if you have important meetings and need to improve your preparation.
When you start a New Meeting (orange icon), you will also have a chance to test your speakers and microphone. Testing Zoom before hosting a Zoom meeting will give you the confidence needed to run a smooth virtual meeting or event.