Here’s a question from Brenda:
My display name in the Zoom application is showing up wrong, seems was taken by default. I like to use the correct display name, but I do not know how to change it because I don’t see any options provided in the application. Can you guide me on how I can modify my Zoom name for all future Zoom meetings and chats, so i don’t need to re-type it every time that i am about to join a Zoom meeting?
Thanks for your question. You can easily modify your profile name using the Zoom web app. Let’s learn in this post how we can change the display name for the Zoom application on both Windows and Android.
On Windows PC:
- Open your Zoom application and click on the profile picture icon at the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Profile and select Edit My Profile, which will direct you to your zoom profile URL.
- Click on Edit found next to your display name.
- Click on Display Name and enter your desired name in the field to change the display name.
- Hit Save Changes.
- Open your Zoom application and select Settings at the bottom right.
- Click on the first option where your username and email ID are displayed.
- Click on the Display Name option and enter your preferred display name.
That’s it! You might want to look into this huge compilation of Zoom related tips and tricks. If you have further Zoom questions, kindly let us know by leaving a comment.