Many people are working from home or socializing online, and they are using virtual meeting platforms. Zoom offers several plans, including a free plan. It is a reliable and popular choice. If your situation has changed and you do not longer need to use Zoom, since you switched to Microsoft Teams or Google Meet you may want to eliminate your Zoom account.
The Zoom platform allows you to terminate your free account at any time. If you would like to cancel a paid (licensed} account, you must stop your subscription from auto-renewal.
Cancel a Zoom free account
- Using your internet browser, go to the URL zoom.us.
- Log into your Zoom account using your Zoom credentials.
- From the left sidebar, (first choice is Profile) choose Account Management from the menu.
- Under Account Management, select Account Profile.
- In the middle of the page, click on Terminate my Account.
- When asked for confirmation, hit Yes.
Canceling a Paid (licensed) Zoom subscription
Paid subscriptions cannot be canceled during the subscription period. The auto-renewal feature can be turned off at any time.
- Sign in to the Zoom Portal.
- Choose Account Management on the left sidebar
- Under Account Management, choose Billing.
- Click on the Current Subscriptions tab.
- Find the Zoom or add-on subscription you would like to end.
- To the right of the plan information, click on Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm that you want to end your subscription by choosing the Cancel Subscription button in the dialog box.
You will also see a box asking for feedback regarding your reason for terminating your plan. The subscription will not end immediately and it will stay active until the end of the billing cycleand not beyond that. The page should tell you the date your plan ends. If you change your mind before the end of the subscription period, you will be able to reactivate your plan from the Current Plans tab.
In case of additional Zoom related questions, please leave us a comment.