If you are no longer using Zoom, you might want to delete the application from your computer or laptop. In this step we provide a simple procedure to remove the Zoom meetings client and associated files from a Windows PC. Follow the steps below to get the application completely uninstalled.
Step 1: Uninstall Zoom
- Click on Start and search for Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on Programs and features.
- Search for the Zoom application under the applications listed.
- Select Zoom and click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen procedures to uninstall the application.
Step 2: Clean Zoom completely from your computer
Even though the application no longer exists on our computer, there could be cached or temporary files in your computer file system. Therefore, the next step is to make sure that the application and the related files are also wiped off. Zoom provides a very handy application named cleanzoom, which removes all the application-related files from the computer. Please follow the below instructions.
- Go to the Zoom application homepage.
- Click on Support, found at the top right of the page.
- Under the ‘Enter to search here’ placeholder, search for Mass installation and configuration.
- Click on Mass installation and configuration for windows under the top article suggestions.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on cleanzoom.exe.
- After the download, extract the file and run cleanzoom.
- The Cleanzoom utility will completly remove all the temporary files created by the Zoom application from your Windows file system.
That’s it 🙂