We all know how distressing is to find out that we might have accidentally deleted some important email from our mailbox and don’t seem to be able to find it. Luckily, Outlook comes well equipped to handle those situations. In this post we will discuss the various recovery option for deleted email in Outlook 2013 and 2016.
Recover mails from the Deleted Items folder:
Usually all our deleted mails from inbox will be stored inside the Deleted items folder. Hence we can recover it easily and move it back to our needed folder. Steps are given below.
- In Outlook, go to your Email folder and click on Deleted Items folder.
- Select the needed mail in the deleted items folder, click Move drop box in the ribbon.
- Click to which folder the mail has to be moved.
Recover permanently deleted mails:
[feature_box style=”12″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” alignment=”center”]
Special Bonus: Download the Free PDF version of our Outlook 2016 Tips and Tricks guide.
If unfortunately we have deleted the mail by using shift+delete, then the mail wont be saved in the deleted items folder. But there is another way to recover it.
- Click on Folder in the ribbon and select Recover deleted items.
- Select the mail which has to recovered and click Recover Selected Items.
- The Recover Deleted items option is only available when using Outlook with an Exchange account. Otherwise it will be greyed out.
- Also, it won’t be available if we work Outlook in Offline mode.
- Sorting is your friend: by using the Name and Deleted On columns we can sort out deleted email by its deletion date and time, subject or sender. This makes finding deleted email easier.
Enjoy. Thanks for reading!