Here’s a question from a reader:
I have repetitive Zoom sessions with my clients once each week. I recently identified that all my Zoom meetings are marked to record as automatic on my local computer. I would lkike to make sure that meeting recording is not automatically activated, but only as required, for webinars or learning meetings. In the Zoom desktop client, i am not able to find a simple setting for turning off the Zoom meeting recorder. Kindly let me know how I can disable the auto-record of all my Zoom meetings.
Thanks for your question. In this post we would like to cover the basics of meeting recording in Zoom.
We will learn how you can use the Zoom web portal app in order to disable auto recording of meetings. We’ll then see how to manually record your session if needed.
Disable Auto-recording in Zoom
- To disable Auto-recording in Zoom, login to your Zoom in Web.
- Click on the My Account option found at the top right of the page.
- Under the Personal options, click on Recordings.
- Select the Settings found on the right side.
- In the recording settings, we can see the Automatic Recordings option is ON.
- Turn off the Automatic Recording to get the Auto-recording disabled on your meetings.
Record Zoom meetings
If needed, you are obviously able to manually record your meetings.
Here’s the step by step process:
- Open your Zoom application and hit Start to start the Meeting.
- Hover over your meeting screen, and you can see that we have few options visible at the bottom.
- Click Record to begin the recording.