Although we are quite fond of Teams and use it daily, we get from time to time comments from readers that are actually looking to call the quits on Teams and use other collaboration platform.
Wendy asked us whether there is a simple way to ensure that Teams doesn’t start whenever you turn on your Windows 10 operating system.
Stop Teams from starting up automatically
In some cases your work or private computer might have Office 365 installed with Teams. If you are not using Teams you can turn it off by using this process
- Open Microsoft Teams
- In the right hand side, hit your user icon
- Select Settings
- The Settings dialog will open up.
- Uncheck the Auto-start application check box.
- Close the dialog and exit Teams.
- Next time you’ll restart Windows 10, Teams won’t startup automatically.
Disabling Teams in Windows 10 Startup
Here’s an alternative method to stop Teams auto start:
- In Windows 10 hit the Magnifying glass icon in the left hand side of your lower task bar (next to the Windows icon).
- In the Search box, type Startup to open the Startup tab of your Task Manager. This tab allows to control which programs are started by default when Windows is turned on.
- Now go ahead and highlight the Microsoft Teams entry as shown below
Next hit the Disable button at the lower right side of the dialog, or alternatively, right click and select Disable.
- Re-enabling Teams is easy, all you’ll need to do is to revert the process we have outlined above.
- The changes will take effect only once you restart your computer.
- In some cases, people want to quit Teams to avoid the amount of notifications they receive. There is a very simple way to stop notifications and sounds from Teams which we’ll cover pretty soon.
- Even if Teams is turned off on startup, you ‘ll be able to send invites to Teams meetings from Outlook.
In case of any questions, feel free us know, we’ll be glad to help out.