Here’s a question from a reader:
Hi! here’s a quick one for you, hopefully you can help me to fix this one out. I recall that last week i had a blue Microsoft Teams Meeting button available in Outlook. But now, i am not really sure what happened, but i can’t no longer see that button in my calendar app. If it helps i still see the Skype meeting button up there in the menu. Any ideas/hints are super appreciated.
Thanks for your question. The Microsoft Teams Meeting addin for Office is installed when Teams was installed on your computer. It’s role is to integrate between your email client and the Teams application, so you can schedule and join Teams meetings through Outlook for example. Most probably the add-in was automatically disabled by Outlook, and stayed like that. Let’s see if we can fix it and make Teams visible similar to Skype for Business.
Enabling your Teams Meeting Add-in
Here’s how to proceed:
- Open your Outlook Client.
- Now, in the top navigation bar go ahead and hit File.
- In the left hand side bar, select Options.
- In the Outlook Options window, go ahead and select Add-ins.
- Now look into the list of Inactive and Disabled add-ins and see if your Teams for Microsoft office is there.
- If so, from the lower end of the window, go to the Manage combo box.
- Ensure that Com-Add ins is selected and click Go.
- Now check the button next to the Teams Meeting add-in.
- Last select OK.
- Navigate to your calendar and schedule your meeting with Teams.
If for some reason, the button was not reinstated, you might need to re-start Outlook. If that wasn’t helpful, you might need to attempt to login to Outlook in safe mode to fix that, here’s the tutorial you should be using.
Feel free to leave us a comment in case your have additional questions. Enjoy 😉