On the other day, one of my friends asked me if i was aware of how she can reset the password used to get access to a .pst file in her Outlook 2013 mailbox. This post explains the process in simple steps and would help people looking to modify their passwords.
- In Outlook 2013, click on the Home button.
- Select Info from the drop down and click on Account Settings.
- Account Settings dialog box opens and now switch to Date Files tab.
- In the selected tab, click on Settings.
- The Outlook Date File dialog box opens and you can find the option Change Password.
- Now is time to select a strong password to secure your information. For enhanced security you might want to keep it in a password keeper.