Here’s a question from Mathilda:
I just bought new speakers from my work Windows 10 computer and those are connected in parallel to my Bluetooth headsets. Whenever i participate in a Teams meeting, i can hear the audio very well on my headsets, but can’t hear anything from the speakers. Any ideas on how to go ahead and start looking into this topic?
Thanks for your question. In this short tutorial we will explain how to troubleshoot sound related issues or if your speakers stopped working in Teams. Feel free to go through the following steps in the proposed order.
Solve audio speakers related issues in Teams
#1 – Ensure that your speakers are connected
First off, you will need to ensure that your speakers are connected to your computer.
- Physically ensure that the speaker cables are connected to the PC.
- Then hit the Windows Key + S to search your computer.
- Type Sounds Settings in the search bar and hit Enter.
- In the Sounds section, open the Checkbox and find your speaker output device.
- Then go ahead and hit the device properties link and ensure that your device is not disabled.
#2 – Ensure that your speakers work for other apps
- Open your File Explorer (Windows key +E) and find an audio file (such as *.mp3). Play the file using your favorite media player and ensure it’s audible
- Alternatively, from your web browser hover to Spotify, YouTube or other similar site. Play a song or video.
- If either of the two steps above were successful your speakers are connected and functional.
- If that’s not the case, go back to the Sounds Settings dialog (from the previous section) and hit the Troubleshoot button.
- Then find your device, hit on Next and proceed according to the provided instructions.
- Once done, proceed to step #3 below.
#3 Check Microsoft Teams audio settings
- Open the Microsoft Teams app.
- Hit your Teams Profile Icon.
- Hit Manage Account
- Hit Devices
- In the Speakers checkbox, located under Audio Settings, select your Speakers.
- Hit the Make a Test call button, to test your devices in a realistic Teams meeting setting.
- Once Done, close the Settings dialog.
- If all the above didn’t work, reboot your computer and try again.