Here’s a question from one of our readers:
Hi, I need to know if we can set an out of the office message in Microsoft Teams when someone pings me personally or mentions me in a channel. I thought setting out away status is not enough. I need the person to know that I won’t be available for a week. If there is an option to set it out, can you please guide me on achieving it?
Thanks for your question. Yes, we have a way to set out of the office message in Teams. We will discuss how we can set the status to away and how to set out of the office message.
Change your Status to Away in Teams
- Click on the profile picture icon on top of the Teams and hover over to the Available status option.
- Select Appear away from the options. You might also consider changing your status to Appear offline.
- Now your Status is set.
Set Out of the office message in Teams
- Click on the profile picture icon from the top and select Set status message.
- Enter the message you want the people to see when they pings you or mentions you in the channel.
- Check on Show when people message me option so your status message will be shown to them.
- You can also clear the status message by selecting from the list provided under Clear status message after.
- If it is long vacation, we can set a date and time by selecting Custom.
- Once all set, click Done.
- Now your out of the office message is all set.