Here’s a question from a reader:
I have Microsoft Teams installed on my machine. For some reason, my Teams software does not load when I open it. I have tried many times, but I do not have a resolution for this. Is reinstall the Microsoft Teams again the only solution here? Happy to know whether there are easier alternative fixes. Thanks.
Thanks for your question. In this post we’ll take a look on possible fixes in case that Teams doesn’t come up when invoked on a Windows PC. Please follow the below steps to get the issue resolved and leave us a message in case that there are further issues.
Step 1: Stop Microsoft Teams completely
Before we proceed to work on the resolution, follow the below steps to stop the Microsoft Teams from running on your machine.
- Click on the Tray icon and check if there is a Teams application running.
- If yes, right-click on the icon and select Quit.
- Open Task Manager and see if there is any process related to Microsoft Teams running.
- If there is any task running, select the process and click End task.
Step 2: Clear Microsoft Teams cache:
- Open your File Explorer and paste the below link to get to the Teams Cache path.
- Path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Teams\Cache .
- Remove all the cache files from the folder.
- Clearing the cache files will remove all the temporarily stored files in Teams.
Optional Step : Verify that Teams is set to auto-start
Chances are that Microsoft Teams is not configured to run automatically when you turn on your computer. If you use Teams on a daily basis, you might want to ensure that Teams is configured to auto-start when you start your PC.
Step 4: Reboot your Computer
- Once done clearing your Teams cache; go ahead and restart your personal computer and verify that Teams is loading.
- If the issue persists still, try to reinstall the Microsoft Teams again.