Here’s a question from Dave:
I typically participate in calls with a partner company from our local coffee place which is nearly empty in the mornings. Most of the time my audio is muted, and i know that i am able to set a custom background for my Teams call. My question is whether instead of applying some custom image as the backdrop for my video meetings i can blur the background as i have seen others are doing. Are there specific settings in Teams to accomplish that?
Microsoft Teams – Blur video calls
Thanks for the questions. Blurring your Teams video is really easy. Here is the procedure:
- Open Microsoft Outlook / Google Calendar or your preferred calendar software.
- From your calendar, open your meeting and then hit the join Teams meeting link.
- In the Teams Audio and Video Settings dialog window, start by enabling your video camera (step 1)
- Then hit the Background Filters link(step 2).
- On the right hand side of your screen you will find a list of Background filters. You might want to note that it is easy to add a virtual video filter of your own. From the filters menu select the Blur filter (step 3 above)
- Now back to the Meeting dialog, Hit Join Now.
- You are all set.
Important: If you want to master Microsoft Teams, then be sure to check out our best 40 Teams tips and tricks write up. It has loads of good advice for beginning and advanced users alike,