From time to time, when i develop a nice document, worksheet or presentation format in Office, i want to later leverage it as a template for jump-starting creation of future docs or spreadsheet.
In today’s quick tip, i will show you how i create templates in Microsoft Office 2016. A similar process is also applicable Office 2010 and 2013.
Here’s how you define a custom template in Excel / Word /PowerPoint 2016:
- Open your document/ spreadsheet/ presentation.
- Press File.
- Hit Save As.
- Specify a File Name. In the file type field pick Word Template (or Excel, Powerpoint as needed).
- If you have previously created macros in your document, pick Macro-Enabled Template.
- Note that by default, Office will store your templates under your Windows user profile Custom Office Templates folder. Business users might want to specify a network location so the template can be shared with other colleagues in your department.
In order to use your template, simply proceed as following:
- Hit File and then select New.
- In the New page, you’ll notice all available templates for you to use. Hit Personal and select the template you have just created.