Here’s a question from one of our readers:
To discuss test plans for our project, i have been asked to join a zoom meeting with another company. We thought of using Zoom on Chrome as i’ll be using it once a month. But, when we launch the meeting link in the browser, i am asked to install the software to use it. Is there a way that we can follow to avoid installing the software and use it in the web browser?
Thanks for your question. Yes, althouhg it seems that most Zoom users are using the Desktop App, you can obviosuly use Zoom meetings in the web browser. We will learn how we can achieve it in this post.
Use Zoom meetings in a Web browser
- Copy the invite link that was provided to join the Zoom meeting.
- Paste the link in the web browser.
- Discard the binary file for Zoom installation.
- Click on cancel in the browser Open Zoom Meetings pop-up.
- Hit Launch Meeting in the web browser content.
- Again, click on cancel in the browser Open Zoom Meetings pop-up.
- Now you can see that there is extra content added in the web browser.
- Select Join from your browser link provided.
- Enter your name for the name to be displayed in the meeting.
- Check on the I’m not a robot checkbox.
- Hit Join to join the meeting from the browser.
- We have to allow permission to use Audio and Video in the web browser.
- We can use all the features like sharing the screen, chat within a meeting.