With Word Art you can easily create decorative text which can be inserted in your Microsoft Word document. Word Art allows us to modify the text with different colors, size and styles. THis includes the capability to type text in a flipped manner or to mirror text. So with no further ado, let’s learn how to create the mirror and flip text via Word Art.
To create mirrored texts:
- Open Word 2016, click on Insert and select your needed Word Art.
- Enter your text and go to Format in the ribbon.
- Select Shape effects drop down box and in the 3-D Rotation, select 3-D Rotation options..
- In the X Rotation fix the value to 180° and other rotations as 0° to make the text Mirrored.
- In the Y Rotation fix the value to 180° and other rotations as 0° to make the text mirrored and upside down.
- In the Z Rotation fix the value to 180° and other rotations as 0° to just make the text upside down.
To flip text:
- Open Word 2016, again click on Insert and select your needed Word Art.
- Enter your text and click Rotate drop down box in the format ribbon.
- Click on the Flip Vertically to flip the text object vertically.
- Click on the Flip Horizontally to flip the text object horizontally.
- Rotate Right 90° will make the text rotate 90° on to the right.
- Rotate Left 90° will make the text rotate 90° on to the left.
And this is how a Word Art is used with various options in Word 2016.
Suggested next steps
- Are you using Office 97, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013? Now it’s the time to upgrade to Office 365. Their 99$ subscription which ships the Office suite + 1 TB of data storage per user for up to 5 users. Sign up here for Microsoft 365.
- <li>Got additional related questions? Look into our <a href=”https://www.easytweaks.com/how-to-get-answers-to-your-office-questions/”>guide on how to get your questions answered</a>.</li>
Thanks for reading!