Here’s a question from a reader:
We manage our team calendar using Microsoft Outlook. We just started to engage with a new customer that has a mandatory requirement to use Webex as their online collaboration tool. Here’s a question for you: How do i schedule Webex meetings and appointments on Outlook 2019? Is there any software that should be installed on my Windows laptop to enable that?
Thanks for your question. Webex has a small plugin for Outlook that can be used in order to schedule new meetings in Webex and display those as entries in the Outlook Calendar. In this post, we’ll cover the step by step instructions. If you also use Teams, you might also want to look into our tutorial on how to schedule Team meetings using Outlook.
Install Cisco Webex Productivity Tools:
- Login to the Webex site with your credentials.
- Click on the profile at the top left of the website and select Go to your Webex Meetings Site.
- Enter your Feedback in the prompt and hit Go to your Webex Meetings Site.
- It will direct us to the Webex meeting site.
- In the Webex meeting site, select Downloads at the left panel.
- Scroll down to find Cisco Webex Productivity Tools and select Download.
- After the download gets completed, install the software on your computer and log in with your credentials.
Set up Webex in Outlook:
- Go ahead and restart your Outlook application. Once it comes back, you should see the Schedule Meeting icon in the Ribbon.
- Click on the Schedule meeting drop down and select Preferences.
- Hit My Personal Room and make sure you have all the details added correctly.
- Now go ahead and hit Edit my Personal Room on the Webex site to modify the details.
- Click on the Schedule meeting drop down and select Schedule Webex meeting to set up Webex meeting in Outlook.