Here’s a question from a reader:
I use a Windows based laptop computer. My laptop camera is not working when using Microsoft Teams and i sometimes get a message that no available camera is found. I just bought a new external USB camera, and would like to define it as my Microsoft Teams default camera. Can you help me understand how to do that?
Thanks for your question. In this post we will be discussing on how we can change your default camera in Microsoft Teams. The instructions below will be handy if (1) your Windows operating system is not able to find an available camera, (2) your current camera is broken or (3) you just want to upgrade to a better, high resolution camera.
Change camera in Microsoft Teams
- Open Microsoft Teams, click on top of your profile picture and select Settings.
- Click on Devices in Settings and scroll on to the Camera.
- Select the drop-down and click on the camera that needs to be used as a default.
Change your camera during a meeting
If you need to change the camera during the meeting, please follow the below procedure.
- Once you are in the meeting, click on the Ellipsis icon to get more options.
- Select Device settings.
- You can find the Camera drop-down under device settings.
- Click on the drop-down and select the device that you would need to use during the meeting.
That’s it 🙂