If you are a heavy Microsoft Office user, you might want to experiment with different display themes and find which of them is more suitable for you in terms of contrast and brightness.
Office 2016 preview ships with three built-in themes:Colorful, Dark Gray and White. All of them looks pretty well, and choosing among them is a matter of personal preference.
Following these steps in order to modify your Office background color:
- Open any Microsoft Office 2016 application – this can be Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher and obviously Outlook.
- Hit File.
- From the Navigation bar, select Account.
- Sign in to Microsoft by providing your login credentials (similar to the ones you might use for Outlook.com or OneDrive).
- Select a background and office theme.
- Your preferences are associated with your account and hence be visible in every device you’ll use to access Office and Office 365.
I personally find the Dark Gray theme quite easy of the eye and use it happily since Office 2013 was released.
Lately, a couple of readers asked specific questions, relative to modifying the background color of the different Office 2016 applications. Here’s a tutorial about changing a powerpoint 2016 slide background color.