Here’s a question from Brian:
Few days back I have lost my laptop during a travel and I am very much worried about losing some of my personal data. The other thing that I am very worried is that my PC is set to automatically log me in to Teams and other desktop applications. I don’t want to take any risk on this and I need to change my password in Teams. Can you please help me on this?
Thanks for your question.
Basically, Microsoft Teams uses your Microsoft account for login. That’s the password which you might be using for Outlook.com , OneDrive and Office 365 applications. To block access to your Microsoft Teams, you’ll need to modify the Microsoft account password.
Change password in Teams
- Sign in to Teams.
- Enter your email id and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Once you are in Microsoft Dashboard, click on Change password.
- You can verify your identity by sending the code via email or via text.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your phone number to get the code in phone or enter the full email ID to get the code in email.
- We can set up a single password for all Microsoft applications.
- Now enter the current password and confirm twice with the new password.
- Click Save, to change the password.
Note: If you are using your Microsoft account to access services such as Teams and OneDrive from several devices, such as tablets and mobile phones;l you’ll neeed to logout and login in each of those.