Here’s a note we received from Xavier:
I am using Outlook 2013 to read my Hotmail. The thing is that by default, Outlook refreshes my inbox every hour or so. Is there a way to make Outlook automatically refresh every 5 minutes or less?
Thanks Xavier for this question. As a matter of fact you can configure Outlook 2013 send / receive mechanism to fire off every few minutes as you might need. Here’s how:
- Open Outlook 2013 and ensure that you are in the Mail tab.
- From the upper menu, select Send/Receive.
- Select Send / Receive groups and hit Define a Send /Receive group.
- Set the required time interval as show below:
[feature_box style=”12″ only_advanced=”There%20are%20no%20title%20options%20for%20the%20choosen%20style” alignment=”center”]Special Bonus: Download the Free PDF version of our Outlook 2016 Tips and Tricks guide.[/feature_box]
- Ensure the interval is not too short or you’ll end up with duplicated messages in your mailbox.
- Hit Close, and you’ll be all set.
[headline style=”11″ align=”center” headline_tag=”h4″]Recommended steps[/headline]