Last updated: September 2018
Here’s a question from Diana:
Guys, i see that you are answering questions relative to Microsoft Office, so i thought i would add one of my own. I am developing a keynote presentation and would like to engage my audience with an opening video. What’s the easiest way to embed YoutTube videos into a PowerPoint presentation? Thanks in advance for your help!
Thanks for the question. Definitely a great idea to use rich media such as video to engage. You can embed videos not only from Youtube but also from social media as well as “offline” video stored in your personal computer (.avi, .wmv, .flv and .mp4 formats among others). In this tutorial we’ll explan the process not only for a presentation, but also for a Word document and OneNote notebook page.
Insert videos into PowerPoint
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and click on Insert in the ribbon.
- Select Videos drop down box in the media menu.
- To insert online video click on the Online Videos.
- We can insert online videos from Facebook, OneDrive, YouTube and embed it into your PowerPoint slide.
- Other option is to hit Videos on my PC, browse to the video on your PC and click Insert.
Adding video media into Word
- In your word document, select Insert in the ribbon and select Online videos.
- From the options we can choose Bing videos search, YouTube or from the video embed code and upload it to embed it to your word document.
- To embed videos from your PC, we fist need to enable the Developer option in Word. Look into the following tutorial for more information.
- Click on the Developer tab, select Legacy tools drop box in the Controls and click on More tools.
- Scroll down and hit Windows Media player.
- Now, right click on it and select Properties.
- In the URL paste the browse URL from your PC.
- Disable the Design mode to embed the video from PC and play it in Word 2016.
- Open your OneNote and select Insert in the ribbon.
- Click on the file attachment and browse to your needed video to embed it to OneNote.
- To insert online videos press Ctrl+k or click Insert and select Link in the ribbon.
- Add the online address to insert the link in OneNote.
Thanks for reading.