If you are an Outlook user, one of your first steps after getting started with Office 2016 is to setup it up to work with Outlook.com (previously Hotmail and Live Hotmail). Apart from better usability, the ability to backup your email to your local computer is an additional benefit to those using Outlook 2016.
Process to setup Outlook.com in Office 2016 is quite simple. Here are the details:
- Open Outlook 2016.
- Hit on File.
- Under Account Information, hit Add Account.
- Enter your name and email address (this should be your Microsoft email account – either Hotmail, Live or Outlook.com).
- Type your password and hit Next.
- Outlook might ask you to re-confirm your credentials.
- Now Outlook will configure the access to your Microsoft email account for first usage , this can take up to a few minutes.
- Next, hit Finish. From here you might change your account settings, or proceed to add a different account.
- Next you’ll notice your Outlook.com mailbox available or you to access from your navigation bar.