On the other day, one of my colleagues was asking me if there is a way to secure Excel spreadsheets and Powerpoint presentations in Office 2013 so that others will not have access to those files. Here’s my answer:
- Open the Excel worksheet/Powerpoint Presentation that you would like to secure.
- Under File menu, select Info.
- In Excel 2013, you’ll find Protect Workbook drop down.Click on it and select Encrypt as password.
- In Powerpoint 2013, you can find this option under Protect Presentation drop down.
- In the pop-up window that opens, type in your desired password and click on OK.
More tips :
- In Excel 2013, you can control what type of changes people can make by selecting Protect Current Sheet in the Protect Workbook drop down.
- This option is also available under the ribbon Review -> Protect Sheet.