Here’s a note we received from Xavier:
I am using Outlook 2013 to read my Hotmail. The thing is that by default, Outlook refreshes my inbox every hour or so. Is there a way to make Outlook automatically refresh every 5 minutes or less?
Thanks Xavier for this question. As a matter of fact you can configure Outlook 2013 send / receive mechanism to fire off every few minutes as you might need. Here’s how:
- Open Outlook 2013 and ensure that you are in the Mail tab.
- From the upper menu, select Send/Receive.
- Select Send / Receive groups and hit Define a Send /Receive group.
- Set the required time interval as show below:
- Ensure the interval is not too short or you’ll end up with duplicated messages in your mailbox.
- Hit Close, and you’ll be all set.
Filed Under: Office
Other useful related answers:
- How to download your Outlook messages to a personal folder file?
- Can’t search for Outlook 2013 email items from the search bar? Here’s how it works now
- How to create an Outlook contact group?