Here’s a question from one of our readers,
I want to mirror a few paragraphs in Word 2010. How can I do it?
Thanks for the question. Word 2010 doesn’t really have a direct ‘mirror text’ feature, but the effect can be attained with a smart use of the flipping WordArt feature. Here’s how to do it,
- Open Word, and go to Insert –> WordArt. Choose a design that you like, enter the text to be mirrored and place the WordArt wherever you like it.
- Select the WordArt, and go to Drawing Tools –> Format –> Flip Vertical.
- Once the original WordArt has been flipped, create a new WordArt of the exact design and dimensions, and place it right above the flipped WordArt.
You will notice that it’s not an accurate mirror image, as it’s been flipped and not laterally inverted, but that’s the closest thing you can get in Word 2010 right now. We suggest that you use another image editor like Photoshop to create the mirror effect, and then import that image to your Word document for better results.
Hope that helps.
Other useful related answers:
- How to insert mirrored or flipped text in Word 2013?
- How to make equations and symbols in Word 2010?
- Save a File in PDF using Word 2010