Here’s a question from one of our readers:
I use Facebook a lot, but the problem is I am often disturbed by a lot of my friends on Facebook Chat. Is there an invisible or Offline mode where I can stay in peace?
Thanks for the question. Here’s what you have to do to go Offline on Facebook Chat.
- Click on the Chat toolbar at the bottom right of your Facebook page.
- Now at the top of the floating chat box, you should see ‘Options’. Click on it and then choose ‘Go Offline’ in the dropdown menu.
- From now on, the Chat toolbar at the bottom right will show ‘Chat (Offline)’ instead. To come online, click on it.
Tip: To go Offline for a particular group of friends, put them together in a Facebook list and make yourself Offline for them.
Filed Under: Facebook Tips
Other useful related answers:
- How to change your Facebook online status?
- How to hide the chat function on Facebook?
- How to hide status on Facebook chat?