Here’s a question from one of readers:
I just updated to the latest version of iTunes and I am getting an ‘avfoundationCF.dll is missing’ error. Where should i download it from so i can re-gain access to iTunes?
Thanks for the question. This problem usually occurs when you update to iTunes v10. According to this thread from Apple’s website, all you need to do is Uninstall iTunes, restart your PC and re-install it back again. Doing this will not delete your playlists and other iTunes based preferences.
If the fix above doesn’t solve your problem, try this: (This method may remove your playlists and preferences)
- Download iTunes and save it in a safe location in your PC.
- Uninstall iTunes and Apple Application Support using Revo Uninstaller. (If you don’t want to use Revo Uninstaller, you will have to manually delete the left over files).
- Restart your PC.
- Now, switch off your Antivirus and Firewall solution and start installing iTunes – this process should go on smoothly and it will reinstall Apple Application Support which was earlier corrupt.
- Your iTunes should work fine now.
Other useful related answers:
- How to solve D3Dx9_46.dll is missing or not found errors on Windows?
- How to fix d3dx9_37.dll not found error in Call of Duty and other video games?
- How to fix D3Dx9_47.dll not found error?