A reader asked us,
I am getting errors saying “d3dx9_45.dll is missing” while trying to play Need For Speed. How can I fix it?
Thanks for the question. The d3dx9_45.dll file is a part of Microsoft’s DirectX 9 program. There are many ways of removing this error, and we shall be discussing those here,
- Reinstall DirectX 9. Download the required file from Microsoft’s website, and install it like any other program. Restart your computer and check if the error messages are gone.
- If DirectX 9 doesn’t solve the problem, try reinstalling Need For Speed. Sometimes game files that depend on other files (like d3dx9_45.dll here) get corrupted at times, and reinstalling is the only way to go.
Filed Under: How Tos
Other useful related answers:
- How to fix D3Dx9_47.dll not found error?
- Fix the d3dx9_36.dll is missing for iTunes, where to download it from?
- How to solve D3Dx9_46.dll is missing or not found errors on Windows?