How to hide the Relationship Status on Facebook?

Question:

Here’s one from Amalie – I have a Facebook profile. In order to keep my privacy i would like to be able to hide my relationship status on Facebook. Can you provide me with the steps i need to make in order to do so?

Answer:

Thanks Amalia for your question. Here are the steps you should make in order to hide your status on Facebook:

• Login to your Facebook profile.
  • Hit Edit
  • Hit Relationships
  • Choose Select Status
  • Hit Save Changes

Voila :)

Filed Under: Facebook Tips

RSSComments (8)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. jane says:

hi there, how can i insert a picture into the relationship status section on myspace?

2. Lauren says:

I tried that and it said that changing it to “select status,” you are cancelling your relationship. How do you do it where it leaves the relationship settings alone, ie doesnt send a message to your bf saying the relationship is over, but it just doesn’t show in your profile?

3. Ian Townend says:

Hi Lauren,

If you go to your profile in the Basic Information Box you should see a little pencil in the top right corner. If you click that you get the option to uncheck the relationship status from being displayed. It’s still set but simply not shown. The above answer simply removes the relationship instead of hiding it.

4. Christian says:

hi I have my girlfriend on facebook and I can see the status but nobody else can I’ve been trying to show it but don’t have any isea how ppl can view it do u know what to do?

5. Ami says:

hi Ian
    I have tried the Basic information box u told but the relationship status still show in info tab in the middle part of the page. Do u hav any idea how to hide it?

6. Anne Johnson says:

How do i delete my relationship status on facebook.

I have tried several suggestions but no of them worked, my relationship status is still the same.

7. KiKi says:

I am wondering how I can change my relationship status when it doesnt give me the option to do so. I can see what it is but cant change it at all. Its no longer under the edit basic information.Its like its there and I cant change it.

8. Isa says:

Iam not able to see relationship option to be changed :S.