Deleting a Yahoo Mail account
I want to delete my Yahoo account. How can i achieve it?
A few caveats before you go ahead and start the process of getting rid of your Yahoo ID:
- Even after you delete your yahoo mail account and ID, people will be able to send you emails for 90 days following the account deletion.
- If you delete your Yahoo! email account you are actually also deleting your Yahoo! page, Yahoo! Geocities page, your Yahoo! Jobs profile and other Yahoo! services.
- After deleting your account you won’t be able to re-create it.
- If you subscribed to any premium services (business hosting etc’), cancel those firstï¿½before you delete your account. Yahoo! doesn’t guarantee that deleting your Yahoo account will immediately cancel the billing for any premium services you’re subscribed to. This is a crucial point if you are hosting your website or blog with Yahoo!.
If you still want to delete proceed as following:
- Grab your list of contacts and update them that your yahoo email address won’t be active any more (remember, mails might reach your yahoo account in the following 90 days without you be able to read them.
- Navigate to the termination page and click Terminate.
- An alternative approach which I recommend in case you don’t want to use Yahoo! email any more, is to simply stop using it. After 90 days of no activity, Yahoo will automatically close your account.
Category: Email Tips