Keeping all your pictures organized in one central location is a very good practice, as it allows for easy backups and searches. Most users use the default Pictures folder (C:\Users\<your_user_name>\Pictures) to store their stuff, but this is certainly not a must, as the default pictures folder location can be easily changed.
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a new folder that will be used to store your pictures (skip this step if you would like to use an existing folder).
- Navigate to your default Pictures folder .
- Open the Pictures folder and copy its content to the new Pictures directory you just created.
- Right Click the Pictures folder and click Properties.
- Navigate to the Shortcut tab.
- In the Target filed, specify the location of your new pictures folder.
- Click OK.
[tags] Windows Vista, Vista, Windows tips, Windows Tricks, Windows XP, Pictures [/tags]
Filed Under: Windows Vista